We are currently searching for a Technical Design Support Specialist to assist our Sales and Manufacturing teams and installers in the quoting, design, detailing, manufacturing and construction phases of customer projects to ensure they are successfully implemented and technical requirements are met.
- Liaises with Sales team and customers to initiate projects;
- Details manufacturing and construction drawings to design and specification requirements;
- Inputs project information into ERP system to generate bills of materials and manufacturing work orders;
- Liaises with Manufacturing and installers to coordinate implementation and ensure project success;
- Facilitates design for manufacturability and construction optimization;
- Conducts periodic field review during construction;
- Supports team to improve processes and procedures and implement 2D designs to 3D modelling.
- Post-secondary diploma in Civil Engineering Technology with a focus on structural, or similar technical education with equivalent experience;
- 5 years’ technical experience in a structural engineering environment;
- Greenhouse industry experience a major asset;
- Proven project coordination experience;
- Valid class ‘G’ driver’s license.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, by-laws and codes affecting structural construction and development projects;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at all levels including stakeholders and customers;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated competence with 2D and 3D CAD software;
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook
- General proficiency with ERP systems;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Flexible, open attitude to share opinions and expertise to solve problems.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Westbrook Greenhouse Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We value workplace diversity and inclusion. Our hiring decisions are made on the basis of candidate qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process by contacting Human Resources.
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description or task list of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.