|JOB TITLE||Machine Operator|
|REPORTS TO||Production Manager or designate|
|REVISION DATE||September 2021|
- Read, interpret and follow manufacturing drawings, work orders, schedules, operating instructions and inspection sheets;
- Safely operate metal forming machines including brakes, shears, presses, etc., including loading and loading of raw and finished goods in designated packaging;
- Maintain continuous operation of the production process;
- Complete pre-start safety check prior to shift commencement;
- Visually inspect finished product for defects;
- Report any maintenance, quality or safety issues to Production Manager or designate immediately;
- Complete and submit work orders at end of shift;
- Assist in machine set ups as required;
- Support improvement projects for production, tools and equipment;
- Support safety improvements and monthly inspections as required;
- Keep work area and machines in a clean and orderly manner;
- Wear required PPE as directed:
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures and Occupational Health & Safety Act for Industrial Establishments;
- Perform other duties as required in a flexible, collaborative environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in a metal manufacturing environment with prior machine operating experience preferred;
- Secondary school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Basic mechanical aptitude an asset.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Reliable and punctual;
- Conscientious with a good eye for detail to monitor quality;
- Able to work safely in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision;
- Flexible to perform other duties as assigned and dictated by work demands;
- Willing to learn;
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. as necessary;
- Must have reliable transportation and CSA safety footwear.
- Work performed in a manufacturing environment with exposure to elements such as noise/temperature/heights and working in awkward positions;
- Will require some lifting and operation of hand tools;
- Will frequently be exposed to moving equipment such as forklifts and material handling equipment;
- May require overtime and weekend work occasionally to meet deadlines.
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description or task list of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.