We are currently searching for a Heating/Mechanical Designer to design, detail and coordinate greenhouse heating and mechanical system projects for our customers.
- Liaises with Sales team, Manufacturing and customers to coordinate heating and mechanical systems projects;
- Prepares detailed mechanical designs including specifications, drawings, and sketches
- Creates 3D CAD models and drawings for technical communication of mechanical systems and equipment;
- Inputs project information into ERP system to generate of bills of material (BOM) and manufacturing work orders;
- Liaises with customers and installers to manage projects through delivery and installation;
- Supports development of processes and procedures for the effective management of design and engineering work within the company
- Facilitates costing and ‘make vs. buy’ decisions;
- Ensures design requirements meet local codes and standards and 3rd party certification process
- Works with other team members to integrate hydronic heating designs and components into overall structure design
- Facilitates design for manufacturability and construction optimization;
- Supports in training and development of team members in new processes and tools;
- Conducts periodic field review during construction;
- Researches and analyzes data (customer design proposals, specifications, etc.) to determine feasibility of design and application.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in designing hydronic heating and mechanical systems;
- Prior greenhouse industry experience strongly preferred;
- Proven project management experience;
- Prior experience working with ERP systems helpful.
- Ability to read manufacturing drawings, 2D Auto CAD experience an asset.
- Valid Class “G” drivers’ license.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong technical aptitude;
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at all levels including stakeholders and customers;
- Strong organization and time management skills to manage multiple tasks, priorities and deliverables on an ongoing basis;
- Demonstrated proficiency with 2D and 3D CAD software;
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook
- General proficiency with ERP systems;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Flexible, open attitude to share opinions and expertise to solve problems.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Westbrook Greenhouse Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We value workplace diversity and inclusion. Our hiring decisions are made on the basis of candidate qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process by contacting Human Resources.
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description or task list of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.